Welcome to tomthinking.com Sunday, October 21 2018 @ 06:00 AM UTC
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
- Overwhelmingly, those who identified themselves as Christians did not avail themselves of advice by a monk or shaman, but preferred to bring their problems to their local Christian pastor (90.2%).
- When asked who Jesus Christ was, 70.6 percent identified him as the only son of the only God.
- 78.4 percent identified the Bible as a unique book, unlike any other.
- 68.6 percent of Christian respondents say they have read the Bible (39.2) or the New Testament (29.4).
- Self-denial is a means to spiritual enlightenment,
- Self-denial is a religious practice,
- Self-denial is performed for the benefit of oneself.
- Self-denial is an indicator of pre-existing character,
- Self-denial is not a religious practice, rather it is an expression of love for others and for God,
- Self-denial is not performed for personal spiritual benefit, it is always performed on behalf of others.