Do you know how much God loves you? Have you ever contemplated how great his love for you really is? And how about his wrath against our sin? Let’s start with God’s love. Here are six incredible demonstrations of God’s great love.
- He loves us to no greater or less degree than he loves his own sinless son (John 3:16).
- He exchanged himself for us as if we were of equal value to him. In II Corinthians 5:19 it says, “God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them.” The Greek word here, used for “reconcile,” is a financial term that literally means, an exchange of equal value. God considered us as of equal value to Jesus.
- He died for us while we were his enemies (Romans 5:10).
- He loved us so much he became like us, not considering equality with God a thing to be grasped (Philippians 2:6).
- He loves us so much that billions of years before he even created us he decided that he would die violently and unjustly, for our rescue (Ephesians 1:4).
- He loves us so much that even though we killed him, and rebelled against him, he decided that he wanted to live with us, and in us, for eternity—trillions times trillions times trillions of never ending years. And he will never tire of us (Revelation 21:3-4).
Now, let’s turn this around. How much do you love God? Do you love him at all?